I started blogging about 3 years ago when we were going through the adoption process. I used blogger to host my blog for over 2 years before I decided to switch to wordpress when I got pregnant. At the time, I thought that it would be nice to start a new blog for our new journey and decided to check out wordpress. I’ve been here for about 8 months and I still miss blogger so I decided to go back. I know, I am crazy for moving Gypsy Mama all over the internet and I risk losing some readers along the way, but I don’t like blogging on wordpress as much as I liked blogger so I decided to make the move anyway. From now on, you can find me at www.thegypsymama.ca
Reasons Why Blogger is Better Than WordPress:
- Customizaton – One of my favourite things to do with my blog is to change the look & design of it. I like to edit the HTML, update the template and add fun widgets. All of that is much, MUCH easier on Blogger.
- Linked Accounts – Since Blogger is a Google service, my YouTube, email and blog are all linked together. I like that.
- Comments – When people comment on my blogger blog, I can reply by email rather than on the blog. That means readers will receive the reply in their inbox instead of having to come back to the blog to see if I replied yet. I think that’s much more convenient for the reader.
- Cost- I forget how much it cost me to update my wordpress account enough to allow for MINIMAL customization, but with blogger it’s free.
- Template Options- There are a lot more options for premade and customized blogger templates than there are for wordpress.+
- Ads – WordPress runs ads on my site. I don’t like that.
Obviously, these are just my own opinions. (Whose else would they be, it is my blog afterall!) I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who prefer wordpress to blogger. As for me, I’m glad to be back to Blogger. I hope to see you all over at www.thegypsymama.ca If you subscribe to this blog by email, I will update your email subscription so you won’t miss any new posts. If you subscribe to this blog by a reader (and you still want to keep reading) please update your readers.